Life Science Small Instruments
Azure Biosystems - Azure 280
Workhorse imaging system at an affordable price
Easily image DNA and protein gels images without a darkroom.
Use your choice of dyes or stains and the system automatically selects the light source and filters for you
“Safe” dye detection: Blue Light Imaging as an alternative to ethidium bromide, less-harmful "Safe" dyes can be imaged
DNA detection: UV Imaging for Ethidium bromide-stained DNA gels
Protein analysis: White Light Imaging for protein gels stained with Coomassie blue or silver stain
Western Blot: 6 MPx cooled CCD camera for chemiluminescence detection
Azure 280 is not upgradeable to other Azure models
Azure Biosystems - Azure 200-600
Gel and Western blot imagers
Best in class sensitivity, dynamic range, and signal to noise ratio in an easy-to-use compact instrument.
- Imaging gels, blots, plates, and even intact tissues and small animal models
- Efficient multiplex detection with three visible fluorescence channels and/or two NIR fluorescence channels for visible fluorescence to NIR
- Up to 9.0 MP CCD camera for sensitive chemiluminescence detection
- One-touch workflows – select your application and the instrument selects the appropriate light source and filters
- Easily upgrade if your needs change in the future
BioTek Instruments - Epoch™
Compact monochromator-based microplate spectrophotometer for UV/Vis absorbance
The Epoch™ microplate spectrophotometer offers filter-free UV/Vis absorbance readings for applications like DNA/RNA quantification, Protein quantification, and ELISA.
- UV/Vis absorbance 200-999 nm
- 6-to 384-well plates
- Spectral scanning, endpoint, kinetic, and well area scanning measurements
- Small footprint
- Take3™ micro-volume plate compatible
Multi-Mode Microplate Reader
BioTek Instruments - Synergy Multi-Mode Readers
Compact and affordable readers automating all detection modes with superior performance
The Synergy multi-mode readers utilize a unique dual-optics design combining monochromator for filter-free UV/Vis absorbance and filters for maximum sensitivity of fluorescence determinations.
- Fluorescence, UV-Visible absorbance, Luminescence
- 4-Zone incubation
- Linear, orbital, and double orbital shaking
- Angled injectors for rapid inject - read assays
- Take3™ micro-volume plate compatible
Eppendorf - Microcentrifuges to High-Speed Centrifuges
Centrifuges for every need – with or without refrigeration
Centrifuges that go beyond speed and capacity to offer you an excellent ergonomic operation, temperature control, and long-lasting quality.
Microcentrifuges: Low- to medium capacity centrifuges that can be used with 0.2-50 mL tubes
Clinical centrifuges: For low- to medium throughput applications with low speed requirements
High-speed centrifuges: The Eppendorf 58xx centrifuge family is designed for high-speed and medium capacity needs
Hamilton - Microlab Prep
Automation, So You Can Focus on Innovation
Get ready to revolutionize the work in your lab by replacing manual pipetting with the efficiency and accuracy of the Microlab Prep. The Microlab Prep packs Hamilton’s signature quality and efficiency into a mini liquid handler workstation that easily fits on a lab bench or in many biological safety cabinets. Features same high speed, high-quality pipetting technology that you find on any larger Hamilton liquid handlers, including active pipetting monitoring.
When to use automation:
- Many samples in use
- Full plates or tube racks
- Ergonomic issues are a concern
- A need to increase reproducibility while decreasing errors
UVP - Transilluminators
Analytik Jena offers a wide range of filter sizes and single or multiple UV or Blue wavelength transilluminators in compact benchtop sizes.
- Visi-Blue™ Transilluminators for SYBR or SYPRO
- FirstLight® UV Illuminators for extremely uniform UV illumination
- Standard Benchtop UV Transilluminators is the economical choice
- White Light Transilluminators for your film or plates
Easy-to-use centrifuges for life science and industrial research
Compact benchtop devices designed for versatility and convenience.
- Compact centrifuges for space-efficient centrifugation
- Microcentrifuges for small volume samples
- Mini microcentrifuges for quick spin-downs
- Plate spinners for samples in PCR plates or microplates
Corning® LSE™ 6 Liter Digital Water Bath
Precise temperature control by a hydraulic thermostat
Compact design for up to 6 liters of water.
- Stainless steel cover to retain heat and minimize evaporation
- Powerful 500W heater programmed by LED digital controller
- Dry bath optional with thermal beads
Corning - Axygen® Gel Documentation System
An intuitive system for capturing publication-quality images
Quick to set up with an easy user interface for image capture, annotation, and contrast adjustment.
- Auto exposure
- Long-life dual wavelength transilluminators
- Exceptionally high resolution (5.4 MP) camera
- Compact cabinet with an ultra-violet (UV) cut-off switch